Insect Bites

2 days back when I got up I found some insect bites on my hand. I j gored that tjme.Now swelling has become more and hand is paining. To Which type of doctor should i consult for such problem.
views-icons 30 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Insect Bites

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...insect bite reactions are common in India. Usually they heal spontaneously on their own in few days. But sometimes complications like itching, swelling, reddness, id eruptions can occur and persist for long time. You need to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. You will probably require mild steroid topical application and oral antihistamines.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?