Initial stool comes hard

Hi, From last one year, my initial stool come very hard with dark brown in color. I gone for stool routine test many a times and everytime it came normal. This time I gone for stool culture and sensitivity test. And result are as follows: Culture yield: E Coil, Under sensitivity some antibiotics (+, 2+, -). Can we know the severity of infection and What next should I do. Kindly provide you valuable suggestions. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Initial stool comes hard

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, if you are having diarrhea now ,it's due to E coli bacterial infection , culture sensitivity is done to know which antibiotics works as there are bacterias resistant for many drugs , ,doctor may prescribe you ceftriaxone or oflaxacin group of antibiotics ,you have to take them for certain period of time.For constipation you must take fiber containing food items ,stool softeners helps you.