Induced delivery
My first baby was stillborn becoz of meconium aspiration. It was normal delivery at 39 weeks. Had spotting no labour pains occurred so induced since cervix was closed and baby was high. Now I m 38 weeks 3 days pregnant with second. Baby engaged well in pelvis but no contractions or signs of labour. Not had internal checkup ( dilation and effacement) yet.All reports are normal. Becoz of problem in first delivery Can I get induced at 39 weeks or should wait till labour pain occurs naturally? I want this baby to be delivered safely...plz guide

Dr. Janani Manoharan
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Chennai
You can wait for spontaneous onset of labour. Meconium aspiration need not necessarily happen again. All through labour your baby's heartbeat needs to be monitored. Please don't be too anxious and keep worrying about the past. Worrying will only produce bad chemicals in the body which will worsen any situation. May you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Good luck.