I want beautiful hair

I had really maddeningly frizzy hair.got smoothened. But original hair was always very thin.after smoothening got thinner but was managable.had spa regularly and got treated for dandruff too.now i am ready to not smoothen for a long time and let the hair grow long,repair the split ends and clean the again visiting dandruff.then will smoothen again. How to repair and lengthen my hair at earliest possible speed?

Doctor Answers (1) on I want beautiful hair

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Some people have frizzy hair naturally. Smoothening is done at a parlour by methods like heat or chemicals which damage the cuticle (outer layer of hair) temporarily. This allows the stylist to style the hair as per your preference and the cuticle grows back in about a month. However, repeatedly doing these procedures makes your hair brittle (breaks easily). Use a conditioner to repair your cuticle and smoothen your hair. You could use wash off conditioners as they are safer. If you plan to use oil, do not apply it to the scalp but just to the hair. Oil is a natural conditioner. But oil applied to scalp is not advisable if you have dandruff as it can increase your dandruff. Also if you are using an anti dandruff shampoo use it only to wash your scalp. Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo as anti dandruff shampoos make your hair rough. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore