I havekeratoconus disesas

Hi..By doing collagen crosslinking treatment are there any side effects. Vision will be improved by this treatment and need to do this treatment again in future if cornea changes it shape. What will be cost for this treatment?

Doctor Answers (3) on I havekeratoconus disesas

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello 1. C3R is very safe....It strengthen the cornea. Side effects may include risk of infection and corneal haze. 2. Vision may improve a little ...it is not intended to improve vision but it is intended to provide strength to cornea. 3. Most of patients don't require resurgery but a few may need pretreatment 4. Cost may be approximately 20000 per eye
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... It's not a major surgery...in the procedure corneal collagen is crosslinked with the help of ultraviolet rays ( UVA ) and a photosensitiser, Riboflavin , thus enhancing the rigidity of corneal tissue and stabilizing the condition...it is done under local anaesthesia...after the treatment, patient will be able to resume work within 3 to 4 days....Care should be taken to avoid entry of water into the eyes during this period.....The use of contact lenses may be resumed 6 weeks after treatment...discuss the issues with your doctor they will guide you further.
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Collagen cross linking is the basic treatment for keratoconus. Once done it stabilises the cornea but you have to keep watch on the progression by doing pentacam or similar tests for keratoconus. Depending upon progression you may or may not need further treatment in future.