I have hairfall problem

Hi, My name is ashish (23m) i am suffering from hairfall, i wash my hairs daily and oil it daily, but when i scratch my scalp i can see white color powdered material getting stucked in my nails, please help me understanding the problem, Awaiting your kind response. thank you

Doctor Answers (2) on I have hairfall problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi ashish...hair fall may be secondary to dandruff...Several ingredients were found to be safe and effective for self-treatment of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Salicylic acid, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione and coal tar are effective in treating both conditions while sulfur and ketoconzole are effective in treating dandruff only and hydrocortisone is effective for seborrheic dermatitis..consult nearest dermatologist they will do the needful.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query. It could be seboric dermatitis, nothing but dandruff. All you need to do is using medicated shampoo. 2% ketoconozole shampoo are available over the counter in medical stores. Apply to wet hair so the foam comes , leave it for 5-10min then take bath. Do it two times a week for four weeks. Then after once a week to prevent further dandruff.