I am facing acne problem

I am 20 nd I am facing a lot of acne prob. I am evenly not regular on my menstrual cycle. Sometimes it comes in 2 months nd I have bleeding for 15 days and sometimes it just comes in 1 month. Please help me find out the prob

Doctor Answers (1) on I am facing acne problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
it can be PCOS consult your gynecologist they will do the needful...your acne also may be due to same reason
Treatment of acne vulgaris should be directed toward the known pathogenic factors, including follicular hyperproliferation, excess sebum, P acnes, and inflammation. The most appropriate treatment is based on the grade and severity of the acne.

The following medications are used in the treatment of propionibacterium acne vulgaris:

Retinoid-like agents

Selective aldosterone antagonist

Acne products

When a topical or systemic antibiotic is used, it should be used in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide or topical retinoid to reduce the emergence of resistance.

Diet therapy, such as a low-glycemic diet and avoidance of “junk foods,” has been suggested as a nonpharmacologic measure to manage acne vulgaris

Procedural treatments for acne vulgaris include the following:

Manual extraction of comedones

Intralesional steroid injections

Superficial peels that use glycolic or salicylic acid
consult dermatologist they will do the needful