Hysterosalpinogram

I am 31 years old married women,for the past three months I am trying to conceive. My husband's semen analysis result was good.I was taking medications prescribed by my gynaecologist and after trying for 3 months she has suggested I get a hysterosalpinogram. I wanted to know if it's safe and also should I try for a few more Months before I get this procedure done as we have been trying only for 3 months Which are the places in Pune where I can get this test and does this require gynaecologist supervision.

Doctor Answers (2) on Hysterosalpinogram

Dr. Aarti Kulkarni Thane | Gynecologist
There is no such defined investigation protocol for infertility. Even if everything is normal you may take a month to a year to conceive.As you are 31, you can opt for basic investigations such as usg pelvis,
CBC, BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS, ft3 ft4 TSH, blood group,  Urine r and m etc.
Hysterosalpigogram is an XRay of uterus cavity and fallopian tubes. It is done on 6to 10th day of period. You can do it in this or next cycle as it will guide you for further treatment.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... Hysterosalpingography (HSG) is a radiologic procedure to investigate the shape of the uterine cavity and the shape and patency of the fallopian tubes,radio opaque material is injected into uterus . .. It's mainly done to check tube patency... You can wait .. Get an ultrasound of abdomen