diabetes-icon
Hypothyoidism since sept 2016
Initially i was diagnosed with alopecia areata in august 2016, for that i did thyroid test. my tsh level was 23.462 mIU/ml. (normal range 0.3- 6.02) T3 T4 normal. my anti microsomal antibodies were positive (44.36IU/ml) i took a treatment for that via a doc as thyronorm 100mcg. my tsh was0.782mIU/ml in november 2016. it was normal i did my test on 3 march 2017, my tsh was0.047 IU/ml. T3 T4 normal. anti microsomal antibodies positive. There is no family history of thyroid diseases. family history of diabetes present. alopecia is treated completely. no history of any other disease currently palpitations and anxiety present. menstrual cycle normal Pls advice me further treatment.

You require a reduction in the dose of thyroid hormone now. Also, there is no need of checking antibody levels every time. Just TSH is enough. Your treatment for hypothyroidism will be lifelong.