Hypopigmented spots

For hypopigmented spots i saw doctor . She said I have Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis. And she just prescribed me Stay Moist cream. But now my skin is getting itchy, i can resist though but at times it gets too itchy. And this spots in some parts they are more bright while some are tough too catch at first sight. I am a final MBBS student and have my final exam in two weeks. So Doctor can you please just guide me what should I do? Is there something I can do temporarily and wait for one month or I need to see doc in person as soon as possible. And if I have Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis will these spots keep appearing? And if yes how fast does this spread?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hypopigmented spots

Ravi Tapdia Latur | Dermatologist
Hello mam I understand your concern, you can use a concealer for short time to camouflage your idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis lesions , plz take good sun protection as IGH lesion lesions are known to increase because of photodamage, u can consult a dermatologist after your exam as increase of the lesions is gradual and a good moisturizing lotion for the body as it may be aggravated because of the season, itching could be because of excessive dryness of the skin. Hope this will be useful for you Have a good day