Hyperhidrosis treatment

Hi i would like to consult for problem of hyperhidrosis wherein my brother sweats excessively and feels weak after excessive sweating. I would like to enquire which section of doctor should i consult. Thank You.

Doctor Answers (2) on Hyperhidrosis treatment

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hyperhidrosis is abnormally excessive sweating that's not necessarily related to higher temperatures or exercise. You may sweat so much that it soaks through your clothes or drips off your hands. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, hyperhidrosis can cause social anxiety and embarrassment.Hyperhidrosis treatment usually involves prescription-strength antiperspirants on the affected areas. Rarely, an underlying cause may be found and treated. For persistent hyperhidrosis, you may need to try different medications or other therapies. In severe cases, your doctor may suggest surgery either to remove the sweat glands or to disconnect the nerves responsible for the overproduction of sweat..consult nearest dermatologist they will do the needful.
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
You need to consult a dermatologist for this problem.