Hyper homocystene
Suffering with this hyperhomostene since 5yrs, when wheather gets cool my right hand thumb, fore finger, little finger tips will get pain. Some times blue spots will be seen on the tips. I'm using medication from 5yrs ECOSPRIN AV 75 and METASPAN. Still I'm getting the pain. I want a permanent solution for this. please advise.

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello... Homocysteine levels increase in the body when the metabolism to cysteine of methionine to cysteine is impaired. it could be genetic or acquired , if it's enzyme deficiency cannot be cured, if may be due to dietary deficiencies in vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid. In such cases replenishment of vitamin will correct homocystein levels..