Hydroquinone

Sir I mostly spend my time in air conditioned room u can say almost 18 to 20 hours daily I am at air conditioning room and I used hydroquinone cream and it gave excellent result my fair skin turned to milky white and all dark spots fade away and my skin is clear Sir I wanna ask I have heard over use of hydroquinone in long run cause ochronosis does it can be same with my case coz I rarely go outside in sunlight and mostly spend my time in a room so what can be it's consiquences then

Doctor Answers (1) on Hydroquinone

Hi. Greetings. Certainly it can cause ochronosis. Ochronosis has nothing to do with sun exposure. You'll develop it just with long term exposure to hydroquinone. Even as short as six months. So please stop it's use. Also see a qualified dermatologist near you and get your self checked for other alternatives to deal with pigmentation. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.