Hormonal issues
What are the side effects of leaving ovral l ? How do I stop taking it? I believe that it is making me put on weight and I have experienced blood clotting on two occasions during which I was not on my period.

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore

It's a synthetic  hormone which creates  further problems  in your  endocrine  system. If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Sachin Dalal
Gynecologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, Ovral L is a hormonal Contraceptive pill normally also used for menstrual regularisation. You should not leave in between. Please complete the 21 day course. For a girl of your age, normally we prescribe a 3 month course after which we stop. Please contact your gynaecologist about how many months to continue. If you are having heavy bleeding with clots, get a sonography pelvis done.