Homosexuality
Hi.. Am a homosexual and having sex with guys from past 6 years. And am not sexually attracted to gals. I look and walk normal. Now my parents asking me to marry. I don't want to spoil a gals life by marrying. What should I do?

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Psychiatrist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

I understand the situation is not easy within the context of normal expectations, culture etc. You need to be mindful that this is never going to be easy & take steps to discuss with your parents. Information sharing should be slow, steady & allowing them to express their emotions / concerns (address it too). This is the process of coming to terms. Please acknowledge their feelings all through. Seek a therapist or professional help if needed to assist you with this