HIV contaction probability
I had unprotected sex ,for around 5 minutes, with a hooker who claims to have never had unprotected sex with anyone other than me and who was working as such for 3 months by then. She wasn't wet and we used coconut oil as a lube. I am uncut and I ejaculated in her. I do not have HIV until then(as I took a test 3-4 months before that and never had unprotected sex until then). I took a test after 28 hrs and found to be negative and then took a test after 1 month and then found to be negative again. I am still tensed because I find everywhere written that HIV could be detected even after 3 months. I am so tensed and want to find the probability of me having HIV. I found in the internet that it is 0.38 in a low income country. Although I don't have any symptoms of HIV I find my lymphnodes in my neck to be aching.

there is one concept of Window period that means if some infective micro organism enter into our body and you test on next day your report comes negative even even micro organism present  in your body. test will come positive after overturn number of day , weeks or months onky every disease and every test have different window period hiv 1 pro viral dna QUALITATIVE test has window period of 17 days that means you have to do this test only after 17 days to get accurate result HIV DUO has 3 month window period RAPID HIV ELISA AND OTHER CARD TEST HAS 6 month window period same way HBsAg, HCV and VDRL has window period of 3 month so you have to do it after 3 month of exposure.

Talk to experienced sexologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+111
Chat with a sexologist
Dear Practo User, To be very sure please get your investigation after a period of 90 days. Never have unprotected paid sex.
Take proper counselling for this Consult online with
Do not worry at present... Window period can last upto 6 months...
hiv can b in 6month also