High immunoglobulin A
I recently had a test done for my immunoglobulin levels, the reports of which are attached. The IgA levels in the report have come out at 213 g/l. All other immunoglobulin levels are within the normal range. I had undertaken these tests at the recommendation of an oral surgeon while consulting him for pain on the right side of my jaw. He suspects it to be a possible case of rheumatoid arthritis. Should I be concerned with the lab results and contact a rheumatologist for further diagnosis?

Dr. Arun R

Hi, just IGA being high need not be rheumatoid arthritis. It is better to consult a rheumatologist.

Immunoglobulin e level