High fever

Doctor my son is having high fever it went upto 100.8 but after giving paracetamol it's now less he is sneezing and water is falling from his nose we are tensed as there are many cases of dengue in kolkata now

Doctor Answers (2) on High fever

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. What he seem to be suffering is from viral infection i.e., common cold. Give him paracetamol 300 mg thrice or four times a day after food for controlling fever. Steam inhalation and tab. Levocetrizine 5mg twice a day after food for running nose. He has to drink lots of water and have a soft diet. If it still doesnt subside, take him to a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well it's because of the weather conditions there is viral fever going on everywhere...you can continue to take the tablets...you also need to drink water well so that you hydrate yourself well...apart from that eating foovis also important...you need rest also...if the fever doesn't subside after 5 days...you may have to give him steam for running nose....please see a physician and get the routine blood tests done...thank you...