High cholesterol

I have recently checked my cholesterol levels and it seems to be in the higher side. The values are Lipid profile Cholesterol   209 mg/dl Triglycerides   336 Hdl             40 Ldl direct   130 Vldl  cholesterol  67 Tc/hdl                5.2 Blood sugar fasting   92 mg/dl Is it required for me to take medication.

Dr. Anamay K. Bidwai
General Surgeon 26 yrs exp Chennai
Dear Friend, As Dr. Vijaylakshmi suggested you need to bring changes to your life style. From the information you have provided your weight is on the higher side. Please loose about 10 kg of weigh, stop eating all kind of junk food, if you eat non veg food, then limit it to twice a week. Eat more of fish and egg white ( not the yellow part), eating at least four five sesonal fruits and lots of salads must be part of your everyday diet. Drink 3-4 liters of water and make sure you get at least seven hours of sleep.
Dr. P. Vijayalakshmi
Homeopath 9 yrs exp Chennai
this is little high for u Mr,consult a general physcian for further management,if u r having a sedentary lifestyle, then it should be changed with diet,active workouts