cardiologist-icon
High BP post quit smoking
It has been 3 weeks since I last smoked a cigarette. I smoked for 5 years , 5-6 cigarettes a day. I took my bp two times in the last one week. It has been consistent at consistent around 140/82. Is this hypertension stage or a withdrawal symptom of smoking cessation? Please advise.

Hello.. It's possible that you would have acquired hypertension because of not smoking habits and I don't think that it is because of cessation of smoking I suggest you to consult a physician and then see if you  arerequired to be put on any medications thank you