Heterogenous mass lesion

I just got my sonography report and it says A complex heterogenous mass lesion in right adnexa measuring aprx. 7.8*4.2 cm. A year ago size was 7.2*6.5 cm And two years back size was much smaller Is it very dangerous How shud I proceed further

Doctor Answers (2) on Heterogenous mass lesion

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello,The first thing which needs to be detected is- from where has this adnexal lesion originated? What is the tissue of origin of this mass?Possible Causes include - Functional or Physiological Cyst, Ovarian Cystadenofibroma, Tubo-ovarian Abscess, Neoplasm From Any Reproductive Organ. any mass may go twisting at any time cause cause surgical emergency. you need to undergo surgical intervention to remove mass. consult a gynecologist at the earliest.
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Hello its better to get operated before that ct scan abdomen has to be done and if necessary biopsy has to be done and sent for histopathological examination consult surgeon for further evaluation and treatment I hope this helps to solve your problem...surgery is the best option coz the mass is increasing in size and further complications can be prevented.