Hepatomegaly & jaundice

I am diagnosed with splenohepatomegaly in ultrasound and CT scan. Bilirubin levels in blood are 5.5mg/dl.. conjugated 1.7 and conjugated 3.8 With slightly yellow eyes and urine What needs to be done? Can I consult a physician for further medication?
views-icons 59 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hepatomegaly & jaundice

doctor profile image
Dr. Arunabha Das
3 yrs. of exp | Darjeeling | General Physician
You should get admitted in any health center for further management of jaundice and hepatosplenomegaly. Jaundice may be due acute hepatitis. Acute viral hepatitis may precipitate acute hepatic failure. So, you need to be further evaluated and monitored closely on admission. Donot be late.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?