My aunt is suffering from hepatitis c..I have attached the medicine she is told to intake for 6 months..but the cost for the same is too there any substitute of that medicine having low cost..coz there is no 1 to look after her coz she is unmarried...plzz let me know..

Doctor Answers (1) on Hepatitis.C

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, hepatitis - c virus is spread by contact with contaminated blood, for example, from sharing needles or from unsterile tattoo equipment. Most people have no symptoms. Those who do develop symptoms may have fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite and yellowing of the eyes and skin.  this infectious disease is hard to cure, is capable of progressively damaging the liver and can lead to a handful of fatal conditions. Hepatitis C is treated with antiviral medications. In some people, newer medicines can eradicate the virus. Please continue the medications your doctor prescribed with out skipping even a single dose and have regular follow up with your doctor. Check for generic medical store in your area for the availability of the same drug with lowest possible rates.