cardiologist-icon

Heart blockage

I have no medical problem but if I want to know if there is any blockage in my heart, how can I know it to act proactively?? What are the symptoms for heart blockage? What are the ways & tests to know it? I want to do this check for me & my family... Please guide.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Firstly, it's blocks in the blood vessels supplying the heart and not the heart itself. You are just 27, you don't need any tests to find out if there are any blocks. A basic ECG and ECHO are enough to find out your heart health. Getting a fasting lipid profile will tell you about the cholesterol, good cholesterol, bad cholesterol etc. You might be knowing already that cholesterol need to be check in order to keep the heart healthy. Avoid oily and deep fried foods, have high protein, high fiber diet. Excercise regularly for about 30 minutes twice a day and in your case jogging would be the best excercise for heart. Have lots of fruits and vegetables. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.