Headache particular area

I have headaches in a particular area (center) in head.I lasts for 5 to 10 seconds daily sometimes more than's a sharp pain like needle's been same for over a year but frequency has increased lately.there are no aftereffects

Doctor Answers (1) on Headache particular area

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, Headaches are generally classified by cause: Primary headaches A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease. Chemical activity in your brain, the nerves or blood vessels of your head outside your skull, or muscles of your head and neck — or some combination of these factors — may play a role in primary headaches. Some people may carry genes that make them more likely to develop such headaches.... Secondary headaches A secondary headache is a symptom of a disease that can activate the pain-sensitive nerves of the head. Any number of conditions — varying greatly in severity — may cause secondary headaches. Consult Neurologist for further evaluation...