Headache MigraineOrSinus?

I often almost every 15 20 days get severe pains that are restricted to the side of my temples. It's a throbbing headache that gets worse with increase in heart rate. I'm also lil puckish and sensitive to sound and light at the time. My family doctor once said it's a migraine however my dentist on hearing that it gets triggered when my hair is longer and when u shampoo my hair said it could be related to a sinus issue. I wish to seek medical assistance but don't know what specialist to go to. An ENT, a neurologist or someone else completely.

Doctor Answers (2) on Headache MigraineOrSinus?

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Migraine is a diagnosis of exclusion but all of your complains are consistent with migraine. Migraine is usually a unilateral type of headache with a peculiar aura like vomiting sensation. Patient often feels very irritated with lights and sounds and just feels like sleeping in a dark quiet room with the head buried under the pillow. But i still cannot confirm its migraine because as i said, migraine is a diagnosis of exclusion. That means all other causes of headache needs to be ruled out before labelling it as migraine. So get your sight checked out at first and then consult a neurologist and get a CT brain under his guidance. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Adv- 1. Get refraction done from ophthalmologist . 2. Get done MRI Brain with contrast - If it is normal write to me again.