HEADACHE DUE TO LIGHT
I'm not at all comfortable under light conditions(Normal Tube light in home)during night. If I off the lights, I feel relieved in dark. It also accompanies headache. Im not relieved until I close my eyes. IF I SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS, I GET INSTANT RELIEF.If I turn it on,again it starts. I'm myopic. I wear specs only while watching TV. This happens again & again. "Headache with light sensitivity". Whats causing this? What is this problem called? Which specialist deals with this?

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern...The worst problems are generally from sources above or behind you, including fluorescent lighting and sunlight. Consider turning off some or all of the overhead lights. If you need light for writing or reading, use an adjustable desk lamp...Consult nearest ophthalmologist for clinical examination they will do the needful.

Hello.. I would first suggest you to consult a physician and get examined as its quite possible that these are the starting symptoms of migraine...so please consult a physician..if required then you will be referred to a neurologist..thank you