Having backache

Like everyone having a desk job and being not able to work out, I'm starting to have backaches. At times, I can't bear, I have to straighten my body and all. What should I do? Help me out with this

Doctor Answers (3) on Having backache

Dr. Relina Peris (PT) Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi, 
You are suffering from a common problem that every Deskjob person comes across.
You must be aware that prolonged sitting in unusual postures causes mechanical and physiological changes in your back which will definitely lead to pains and aches and muscle spasms.

1.) Hence,  firstly your posture needs to be corrected whilst you sit in office.

2.) Secondly,  the ergonomics like your pc monitor height which should be at the level of your eye level, your chair needs to have a backrest and your feet supported too, avoid leaning whilst using your mouse and keyboard.

3.)Thirdly,  take regular breaks(every 20-25mins) and avoid sitting for prolonged periods.

This should solve half of your problem however you need to start core muscle strengthening. Visit a nearest physiotherapist and ask for core exercises.
Do them regularly.
Hope this was helpful.

Dr. RELINA PERIS.

Dr. Neelu Jain Mumbai | Clinical Physiotherapist
Backace in intial stages is just because of muscle spasm..this happens when you sit in a particular posture for certain period of time..it may be gone in few days...but if you continue the same postural habits it may relapse..so for IT professional they need to take care of there neck n back in following ways.
1- low back support..arm rest if working on pc...
2- destop monitor on eye lvl.
3- ur chair should have neck rest if possible..and avoid sitting right under the blower of air condition.
4-every 30-45 mins stand up n do normal exs.

do visit a physio if possible..because there are few exs which can be helpfull throughout which may prevent relapse.
if you visit a physio do ask about core exs..which are really imp to prevent backace.
Dr neelu jain

Dr.Gaurav Birwatkar Mumbai | Physiotherapist
as ur from IT industry back pain is very common will give you some ergonomic advises
1 use chair with lower back support
2. use chair with proper arm rest
3 use mouse pad
4 in between ur sitting hrs  stand up n take a walk don't sit for long time do sum stretching - forward n backward bending, neck rotations
5. avoid forward Bending to pickups thinks

now for back pain take hot water fermentation for 15 min twice u ll need to strengthen back muscles to avoid back
pain which are week in this case I cannot show you this the exercises here need to do full examination
take care