I am having acne since last 6-7 years...... It happened when me and my family met an accident since then my skin has become oily and itches when contacted with dust..... I have consulted 2 skin specialist but none helped.... The 1st dr gave medicines and medicines....2 nd dr gave me some treatment on face but it was burning on my skin..... Acne is there in every part or every side especially on face and back.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
I completely understand your frustration. But do not lose hope. It takes a while to control the acne. My question to you is:
1. How is your life style ?
2. Do you have menstrual issues?
Please understand that treatment of acne doesn't only mean applying medicines and taking pills. It requires a complete change in life style. Sleeping early waking up early. EXERCISING irrespective of whether you are fat or thin. Eating healthy. Do you or have you done all of this? All this helps maintain your insulin levels and thus maintain your acne. Try making these simple changes and let me know what happens :)
All the best!
Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by qualified dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Googling your symptons online?
The internet is not a doctor and neither are you. Chat with a real doctor about your health.