Hairline fracture

As there are no orthopaedists available in my hometown, can my father take treatment from a mbbs doctor for hairline fracture to leg. please reply soon.

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida
Hair line fracture ,: tk calcium supplements and avoid long standing do gently strength exercise in gradually process .apply heat fermentation twice a day and pain relief ointment
Hello. Based on the history you have given I think you should know that harline fracture appear as a very faint line in the x-ray and the fractured bone generally remains aligned in the normal position without any displacement. The main logic behind applying plaster of Paris is to maintain that alignment and avoid bone displacement, which might end up causing improper union of the fractured ends leading to abnormal movements and abnormal appearance of the fractured part. Sometimes displacement can also affect the nearby nerves and blood vessels supplying that area. Pop is the basic and simple method use to support bone healing in a proper way, all other techniques are rarely followed...a physician will also have a basic knowledge about have to apply pop.....but If you are still not satisfied kindly consult a orthopedic surgeon for further management ....