Hairfall-shave head?
Hi, I have dandruff and hairfall problems along with sudden appearance of white hair. I need to shave my head off. Can you please suggest if it is a good idea to do that? Is it possible that after shaving my head off the hair doesn't grow back properly due to hairfall/dandruff/white hair or any other adverse effects?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings..Don't worry.. Does shaving of beard ever effect the growth of your beard...? Then why for the scalp. Shaving of head shaves off only the dead part of the hair, while root is still alive. So if you want to shave your head, go ahead and do so. White hair growth will also not be affected. For dandruff you must use a good antifungal shampoo if it's just simple dandruff. If you have thick scales, it's ideal you meet me or any dermatologist near you to confirm diagnosis and take treatment accordingly. Ideal to treat dandruff before you shave your head and continue the same shampoo even after shaving your scalp. Hope this helps.