Hairfall,grey hair

M a male 20 yrs of age.I m already getting lot of white hair and my hair is very weak. It is very thin and lot of hairfall happens.I cant see lot of baldness but m worried i might get balded later.I stopped applying oil as one doctor suggested me not to as i may have dandruff. How to get thicker and stronger hair and prevent white hair. Please help me out.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall,grey hair

Hi greetings. Reversing grey hair to black is indeed among the tough results to give to a patient since this is a multifactorial problem. Since in most it's genetically mediated, it's tough to reverse or treat. However there are certain peptides and newer molecules application of which may be worth a trial. It's also important to rule out hormonal irregularities and nutritional deficiencies. Stress, pollution, exposure to chemicals, improper diet, changing lifestyle could all be a contributory factor to both hair loss and greying. Increase intake of oral anti oxidants. Minoxidil based lotions help in controlling hair fall. Please Meet a dermatologist near you for further advise. Hope this helps . warm regards, Dr Govind S Mittal.