Hairfall and dandruff
Im 18 years old...Ive been having hairfall frm d age of 17...previously it was very mild nd i didnt care abt it...but frm d past few weeks im losing abt 10-20 strands everytym i brush my hair...i also hav excessive dandruff on my hair nd ive used lot of anti dandruff shampoos...but all in vain...

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Have you seen a qualified dermatologist ? You could probably meet one dr Poonam Jalaan in Kolkata. She's very good. You'll need a potassium channel opener substance based lotion for scalp to be applied for long term to preserve existing hair and to increase hair volume. Also eat a good nutritious diet . to reduce dandruff you'll need a ketoconazole or ciclopirox based shampoo and if persistent, some oral medications too. Hope this helps