Hairfall & hair transplan

I have been loosing hair since I was 16 years old and now I'm 24 and I recently decided to get Hair transplant done, after quite a few years of Homeopathy having failed. I had gone to advanced hair studio and booked an appointment for surgery in the FUE method (strand by strand) but now based on advice from a number of my dad's colleagues my dad is telling me to back out. The reasons being that his colleagues have told him that getting a hair transplant leads to side effects such as constant head aches everyday and the burning of the eyes and also skin rashes and they have also said that in most cases hair transplant fails and there is alot of maintenance involved in maintaining the transplanted hair. I wanted to know if any of this is true and if there is "lots" of maintenance involved I would be gratefull if somebody would let me know what kind of maintenance is involved and how to maintain as I want to be fully informed before I can try convincing my dad. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairfall & hair transplan

Hi! Hair transplant is a good option available today. Since in males the cause of balding is the narrowing of blood vessels due to DHT, after any treatment, it requires a continuous maintenence in terms of applications and DHT inhibitors.
Since you are young the maintenance will be for long term else the transplanted hair also will be lost.
You can opt for stem cell therapy or PRP, get some hair and time and then go for hair  transplantation OR get transplantation done and then maintain with the above treatments.