Hair thinning above ears

Hi doc, Im 26 yr old male... experiencing mpb from last 4 yrs... Under treatment with 5%minox and saw palmetto tab atpresent.. past my derm prescribed 5% (minox+fin) soln and 1% fin tab... from last 4months im having on issue with hairthinning over my ears.. al we knw on sides of heads are safer from DHT... pls tell me what kind of alopecia this is... i have attached pics for ref.. Thanks in advance...

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair thinning above ears

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
It could be alopecia Areata(a type)..there are many types of alopecia...1. MPB 2. Alopecia Areata 3. Cicatricial alopecia . I understand that you want to know what alopecia you might have..but many times a close up of the scalp ..a close examination is needed to assess the scalp skin, the perifollicular area etc.. so my suggestion is that you make an early visit to your treating dermatologist so that the doctor is  able to examine and make  changes accordingly.
visiting your treating dermatologist please. And kindly go through this article please : http://www.skinmatra.com/single-post/2016/09/17/Listen-to-your-skin-talk-Here-is-how

I am hoping that you have altered your lifestyle so that it helps your treatment.

Avoid reading information on the internet. I always say this to my patients.. that information on a lot of issues is present on the internet.. what is important is HOW THE INFO IS INTERPRETED.