Hair problem
Facing hair problems due to ground water. I use ground water (calcium i guess). What steps should i take ?
22 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Poornachandra Tejaswi S
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
The speed of hair growth varies based upon genetics, gender, age, hormones. It may be reduced by nutrient deficiency (i.e., anorexia, anemia, zinc deficiency) and hormonal fluctuations, stress level, level of water contamination etc. So first get your serum proteins and hormone levels checked to know about the deficiency, so kindly a dermatologist regarding that. Essential omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B12, and iron, prevent a dry scalp and dull hair color. vitamins A and C, which help with production of sebum and provide a natural hair conditioner. Protein promote hair growth. So include fresh fruits like citrus fruits rich vitamin c, have weekly once fish curry, have daily a glass of milk and egg white, fresh raw sprouts which are rich in proteins, green leafy vegetables rich in essential minerals needed for the body.Biotin functions to activate certain enzymes that aid in metabolism of carbon dioxide as well as protein, fats, and carbohydrates. A deficiency in biotin intake can cause brittle hair and can lead to hair loss.Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) gives hair flexibility, strength and shine and helps prevent hair loss and greying.try to include ragi in your diet, carrots, Apple, lentils, legumes, pulses,berries and nuts which will provide you with basic nutrients needed for the body. Avoid using strongly concentrated shampoos and rough washing of hairs. If possible get the water you are using and the pipes in which its supplied checked to know the contamination and if such a thing exist avoid using that water.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.