Hair loss and thickness

Hi doctor From last year I have done slive gastric surgery due to this I didn't take much more food.. After my surgery I am facing hair loss problem for this I have done some protein therapy, hair serum and keraglo table, multi vitamin supplements also but there's no use for me.. I have been facing hair loss since surgery and white hair,dryness also .. Could you please advise me any supplements for best growth hair,and thickness.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and thickness

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Trichologist
Hi. Rightfully said, surgery can be one of the main causes of hair loss as the body is subjected to stress, along with some protein loss all which can lead to hair fall. Along with that there may be a few deficiencies like ferritin or vitamin D which can coexist and lead to further hair fall. It makes sense to take a detailed history and thereby provide you the adequate treatment regimen. Have a balanced diet rich in proteins (u can start a protein powder like B protein). It takes time to see the due difference hence the medicines which u were given are generally taken for up to six months. The scalp has to be examined for the cause of dryness. As the hair only grows at a rate of 0.37 mm per day, it does take time to acheive adequate growth but the continous hair fall that u were facing ought to reduce as the right treatment plan is undertaken. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI