Hair loss and dandruff

Im having hair loss and dandruff problem..sometimes it is itchy.when i apply oil to my hair and take head bath there will be heavy hair loss on that day..and my hair is having an dryness problem also

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and dandruff

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
1. You don't need to apply oil to your SCALP . You don't need to .massage the scalp. this action causes the roots to break and thus can cause a relative increase in hair fall. So use oil (only coconut oil) that to 30 min before head bath and apply only on the hair shaft.
2. Count your hair. If more than you 100 visit a dermatologist allopathic near you. There are many reasons for hair fall and the dermatologist will help tell you your reason. If less than 100 then you might be  seasonal hair shedding. Women SHED their hair seasonally. 2 or 3 times a year. For e.g. I shed hair in winter. Figure out if that's happening. Maybe your season is the rainy? 3. But nonetheless looking at your dandruff complaint visit a dermatologist allopathic near you. Remember that dandruff can be controlled! Not gotten rid of. Ask your dermatologist how to MAINTAIN a dandruff free scalp.