Hair fall and dandruff
Hi am facing problem since 1 yrs . There is heavy dandruff and hair fall . I went to dr Batra clinic they told me I have oily scalp . There is white white patches all across my hair with lot of dandruff. Please recommend what to do .

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Seborrhoea capitis/ seborrhoiec dermatitis or dandruff is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos. Use maintenance shampoos regularly. You may need a course of oral antifungals if your condition is severe. White patches may mean scalp psoriasis. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital, Bangalore.