Gynecological advice

I have started taking vitamin c (powdered suppliment of 1000mg/day) just 3 days back due to skin problem as prescribed by mg dermatologist. And my menstruation cycle has started within again in a gap of 12 days. Is it due to vitamin c effect?? Shall I stop taking it? There is no other change of my daily routine that can induce menstruation again. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Gynecological advice

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Skin problems  are a sign of deeper  hormone imbalances and cannot  be  healed with  high dose of synthetic vitamin  C which you are taking. Good news is that it can be reversed. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... High dose of vitamin c can induce increased level of ostrogen .As a result, this causes an increase in the uterine contractions that helps start your period with in 1 – 3 days....but routine dose wouldn't cause frequent bleeding... Consult gynecologist in nearest hospital ...