Grade 2 Fatty liver (Alc)
I have diagnosed of fatty liver grade 2. I am a moderate to heavy drinker. I have been told that this condition is reversible but will take time. I am overweight also. Plz suggest how to e does it take and what precautions will help my liver recover faster.

Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi
Hi, fatty liver is an early sign of impending damage to the liver. It's good that it has been detected early. And yes it is reversible. As much as you might hate to hear this, you will have to stop drinking. And since you're hypertensive and overweight, you will have to start a good exercise regime. At least 30 min of exercise, 5 days a week. And concurrently. Take a good diet with high fluids and less fat, avoid fried food. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle you will be able to ease up the liver and get better. You will have to remember that alcohol is a major factor here, and do your best to wean it off. Take care.