Getting Marriaged
Hi, An going to get married soon.My friend suggested to under go a general checkup before marriage but am not sure of what exactly did he mean. Can you please suggest if there are any such tests that I need to  take for know my health status before marriage.

Dr. Anamay K. Bidwai
General Surgeon 27 yrs exp Chennai
Dear Friend, If you are in good health in general then there is no need to get any specific health check up done before marriage. Just in case you have multiple sexual partners in past in that case getting your self tested for hepatitis B and HIV will be a good idea as responsible behavior towards your future life partner, otherwise there is no need for any test. Do not pay attention to uninvited advises. I wish you  a very happy married life.