General Query
Getting dryns in throat  nd spidy breathe I cnsulted a MD Dr in Ptna 4 mnths  ago.. He prescribed me a inhaler alng wth a medicine - "Amitriptyline Hydrochloride ip- 10mg". I m having thse regu-ly.Now i hve same problm, i wnt anodr Dr in Mum, he advisd me 2stop amitrip.... Becoz its for psychic probl. Is it Ri8?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

amitryptalline is primarily a antidepressant but its also used for wide variety of disorders. most of non specific symptoms of throat which does not correlate with any of diseases are given a try of these anti depressants. as far as your symptoms are concerned it seems more like laryngopharyngeal reflux and you may need to take a course of anti reflux therapy