Gastro Problems

My father has been suffering from gastro problems from the past 5 months.. In the endoscopy report it was reported that: 1. Mild Splenomegaly 2. Atrophic pancreas with fatty changes. 3. Bilateral basal non specific pneumonia. Please suggest exact treatment for this. Thanks a lot!

Doctor Answers (2) on Gastro Problems

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. What treatment do you want on this platform? The patient needs to be seen, examined and then go for tests and only then one comes to a conclusion as to what is to be done. Just by reading reports if you are expecting the names of medicines so that you can go on taking them indefinately, then I'm sorry medical science doesn't work this way. Go consult the doctor who suggested you these test. I don't know what it means when people type out the reports of the tests, the test was suggested by any doctor or you yourself get it done? If it was suggested by someone then that someone needs to be consulted again. Regards.
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. your telling ultrasound reports I guess.. gastro problems means gastritis I guess.. abdominal pain, nausea,vomiting, bloating of abdomen, feeling full, al these are symptoms of gastritis. Cause of it is stress, not having food on time, skipping meals, spicy foods, fried and canned foods, alcohol, smoking, tobacco chewing, tea,coffee, not sleeping on time. Al of these increase acid production in stomach and disruption of protective mucous layer in stomach and thus they cause inflammation of stomach.. Treatment includes lifestyle changes, sleep and eat on time, avoid stress, avoid spicy and sour foods, avoid smoking alcohol, have bland food, have cold milk, have frequent sips of cold water. If still pain persists then you can have tablet pantoprazole 40mg once or twice a day before food depending on your severity of symptoms. and for atrophic pancreas and pneumonia please consult physician in person soon..