Gallbladder swelling

I was suffering from severe pain in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen. My sonography reports didn't show any Gallbladder stones however it said that 'distended Gallbladder'. Post that I was given pain killers (Tame D) and antibiotics (O2) along with Rinifol and Rantac. I vomited a couple of times and therefore was asked to do an LFT for which the reports are normal. I am better now and having only soups and soft rice and dal. However, I still get mild pain while I sneeze, cough, sit for too long or sigh. The pain lasts only for a fraction of a second. I wanted to know if this is normal and can it be ignored and do I need to take any special care to ensure this doesn't repeat. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gallbladder swelling

Dr. Ameet Thakkar Mumbai | General Physician
The gall bladder is normally distended in a fasting state and collapses after meals once the digestive juices are emptied in the small intestine. Having Gall stones is a common occurrence and does not necessitate a surgery always. You probably have calculus cholecystitis and will settle with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs and diet. You need to consult a surgeon to know if a surgery is recommended for your condition.