Gall Bladder Stone

Hi, Recently I have undergone a health checkup organized by my company. I have got the USG report few days back. Report of all other organs are good except the Gall Bladder. The report says Chronic Cholecystitis with Cholelithiasis. It also says that the GB Lumen is contracted and full of calculi (2 to 5 mm sized hyperechoic area with strong acoustic shadow). I didn't have any pain in upper abdomen till now. However I do have acidity and indigestion problem. Does it mean I have to undergo GB removal surgery?

Hi...., The gallstones are only treated if they have caused gallbladder inflammation, blockage of the bile ducts, or if they have moved from the bile ducts into the intestines.. If the gallstone is made of cholesterol it can sometimes be slowly dissolved with ursodeoxycholic acid.... It is not as effective as surgery, but is sometimes the only choice for patients who cannot have surgery...