Fungus attracted to eye

Dear doctor it's bit of complicated issue for my uncle.recently he had cataract operation to right eye. Every thing is fine and he god clear vision After 15 days eye started to tear And irritating than he lost vision Than we contacted to same eye doctor he done some medication of 72 hr. but finally they find its fungus. I have attached reports of it . Ans he taken some decision and he replaced the tissues of effected area. Now the question is weather he can get the vision or not and we unable to find how that fungus attracted to eye. Please let us.explain the fungus family and how it is attracted

Doctor Answers (2) on Fungus attracted to eye

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello there is fungal infection only option is to use antifungal eyedrops as prescribed by your doctor
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Most commonly it is attracted from vegetative foreign body like vegetables or wood.sometimes dusting in house can also cause.sometimes it can occur due to infective instruments. Can't say what has infected your uncle's eye.you said doctor has replaced the tissue,means he has done corneal transplant or patch graft?As far as reports are there what i conclude is it has not entered the eye,it's limited to cornea only.
you must consult any corneal as well as retinal surgeon for fungal corneal ulcer and fungal endophthalmitis. don't waste time as it's sight threatening