Fungal infection tinea

White and dry patches on body, they are disappeare in winter and appear in rainy and summer days. They are whole on my body and starts now on my face. I was regularly checkup M.D skin specialists, I was tried many tab and lotion, gels. But no result. This problem was started 8-10 years before. I was changed 3 or 4 Doctors. But no result 0%. Please sir/mam help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal infection tinea

Hi. Greetings. You probably have tinea versicolour. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Send further queries on private follow up chat. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal. Bangalore