Frequent fever and cough
I have been feeling high fever atleast twice everyday. Mostly in mid night and evenings. Also I have acute cough. Feeling so weak while waking in the mornings. I have already underwent Tuberculosis treatment for completely 6 months, a year ago. But I think I am exposed to the virus through one of my relatives again. Please suggest me what to do next.

Dr. Arunabha Das
General Physician 4 yrs exp Darjeeling
The most fatal complication of PULMONARY TB is fibrosis of lung in the area effected due to tuberculosis infection. This leads to respiratory difficulty and frequent respiratory tract infections. So, firstly avoid cold water and cold conditions. Secondly, medicines must be taken. Tab Macpod-O 200mg 1tab twice daily after food for 5days. Tab Paracetamol 650mg 1tab twice daily after food for 5days. Tab Pantodac 40 1tab twice daily before food for 5days. Tab. Ascovent-Sr 200mg 1tab once daily after food for 10days. Syrup Grilinctus 2tsf twice daily if you have dry cough, and syrup grilinctus bm 2tsf twice daily,if you have cough with sputum. If your health is too poor,get admitted in any nearest Respiratory Clinic under pulmonologist with availabilty of consultant physician. You need to do further laboratory tests as CHEST X-RAY (P.A VIEW), Pulmonary Function test and blood for complete hemogram, urea,creatinine, procalcitonin, liver function test, Na+, K+., MP DUAL ANTIGEN, DENGUE SEROLOGY. Review here,when you are done with all tests.