Frequent cough problem
Hi, I am having frequent cough, sputum production, bodyache, sore throat and nasal congestion. I am unable to decide which specialist I should consult. I have already consulted ENT as well as Internal Medicine. Every specialist/doctor has their own opinion. Some says it is upper respiratory tract infection and some says it is sinusitis. One ENT doctor even suggested to go for FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery). I am in dilemma and wonder what to do and whom to consult. Till now I have seen various ENT specialist, they give antibiotics but with no positive result. Can you please suggest whom should I consult, ENT, internal medicine, or pulmonologist? Please also note that I am diabetic type 2 and on medicines intermittently. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Consult a pulmonologist or allergist for the same. as you are mostly having allergic rhinitis and asthma.
Dr. Sukhant Bagdia
Pulmonologist 4 yrs exp Nagpur
Recurrent problem suggest allergy.. get a skin prick allergy test which is the only genuine test for confirming the diagnosis.. also if you smoke that could be the second reason for your problems.. try to show me in Nagpur if possible.. thanks